The NEFSC Strategic Science Plan
Ecosystem-based science supporting stewardship of living marine resources under changing climatic conditions
The Northeast Fisheries Science Center (NEFSC) is a leader in marine science; our scientists and our science are recognized regionally, nationally, and internationally. In the coming years, this Plan will guide us as we build on a strong foundation of excellence in marine science.
Major objectives include:
- Improved internal and external communication to ensure transparency, accountability, and trust;
- Increased multidisciplinary, cross-cutting science enabled through greater investment in cooperative and collaborative research;
- Improved efficiency and effectiveness in meeting commitments to statutory and regulatory requirements;
- Scientific investigations that support progression toward ecosystem-based fisheries management; and
- Investment in our people and infrastructure to enable us to meet our mission.
NEFSC Science & Research Director's Annual Guidance Memo for FY2019
This document presents a framework for the scientific enterprise of which the NEFSC is part- an enterprise that supports the stewardship of living marine resources in the Northeast U.S. Shelf Ecosystem. This document provides annual guidance under the 2016-2021 NEFSC Strategic Science Plan and defines core science activities and specific priorities for FY18.
Download the Northeast Fisheries Science Center Science and Research Director's Annual Guidance Memorandum (AGM) for Fiscal Year 2019