The NEFSC Strategic Science Plan
Ecosystem-based science supporting stewardship of living marine resources under changing climatic conditions
The Northeast Fisheries Science Center (NEFSC) is a leader in marine science; our scientists and our science are recognized regionally, nationally, and internationally. In the coming years, this Plan will guide us as we build on a strong foundation of excellence in marine science.
Major objectives include:
- Improved internal and external communication to ensure transparency, accountability, and trust;
- Increased multidisciplinary, cross-cutting science enabled through greater investment in cooperative and collaborative research;
- Improved efficiency and effectiveness in meeting commitments to statutory and regulatory requirements;
- Scientific investigations that support progression toward ecosystem-based fisheries management; and
- Investment in our people and infrastructure to enable us to meet our mission.
NEFSC Science & Research Director's Annual Guidance Memo for FY2019
This document presents a framework for the scientific enterprise of which the NEFSC is part- an enterprise that supports the stewardship of living marine resources in the Northeast U.S. Shelf Ecosystem. This document provides annual guidance under the 2016-2021 NEFSC Strategic Science Plan and defines core science activities and specific priorities for FY18.