Dr. Lisa Milke
Chief, Aquaculture Systems & Ecology Branch
- Ph.D. Biology - Dalhousie University, 2006
- M.S. Oceanography - University of Connecticut, 2001
- B.S. Biology - Salisbury University, 1997
- B.S. Environmental Science - University of Maryland Eastern Shore, 1997
- 2005-present: Research Fishery Biologist, NOAA Fisheries Service, Milford Lab
Lisa has been a research fishery biologist at the Milford Laboratory since 2005. Her research focuses on the feeding, nutrition, and physiology of bivalves; particularly within the areas of aquaculture and ocean acidification. Of particular interest are 1) the physiological responses of an organism to stressors, 2) how these stressors might ultimately impact growth, survival and recruitment to the fishery, and 3) how these impacts might be mitigated through nutrition and husbandry to enhance production and survival. Â She is the organizer of the Milford Aquaculture Seminar and Secretary of the National Shellfisheries Association.