| "Fabulous! The NOAA staff were engaging and energetic. They had my class on the edge of their seats and eager to participate.
They had students up and moving around to complete hands on activities and play games to further their understanding of bioacoustics. They were very knowledgeable as well as savvy with classroom management. A great experience!"
Stay tuned for upcoming events near you!
Programs and information from past events we've attended:
- May 20-21, 2016: Woods Hole, MA- Endangered Species Day at NEFSC Woods Hole Science Aquarium: Hosted at the Woods Hole Science Aquarium, NOAA scientists had activities and artifacts to teach about their conservation work, along with an appearance of the inflatable humpback whale, Salt!
- May 1, 2016, 11:00am-3:00pm: Boston, MA- New England Right Whale Festival: For the third year in a row, NOEPS had many visitors at our booth to explore right whale research with one of our many activities!
- April 9, 2016: Falmouth, MA- Whales in Our Backyard: An afternoon of fun and learning at the Gus Canty Community Center with NOEPS, Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary and the 300 Committee. Families explored the inside of the inflatable whale "Salt" modelled after the popular whale often seen in Stellwagen Bank waters. Read previous coverage on the event here.
- March 9, 2016: Boston, MA- Massachusetts Marine Educators High School Marine Science Symposium: NOEPS presented bioacoustics lessons at this day of fun and learning at Northeastern University.
- February 27, 2016, 10:00am-12:00pm: Falmouth, MA- Falmouth School District Science Fair: Thanks for visiting our booth where we had our artifacts and hands-on activities.
- June 7-8, 2015: Washington DC- World Oceans Day at the Smithsonian National History Museum: NOEPS joined the NOAA Teacher at Sea Program for the World Oceans Day event at the Smithsonian Q?rius Hall. Read more about the event here and here.
- May 3, 2015: Boston, MA- New England Right Whale Festival: NOEPS hosted a booth to explore right whale research with one of our many activities.
- May 15-16, 2015: Woods Hole, MA- Endangered Species Day at NEFSC Woods Hole Science Aquarium: Read about the event here.
- May 16, 2015: Stoneham, MA- Endangered Species Day at Stone Zoo: NOEPS teamed up with Stone Zoo for a day of fun and learning about endangered species and what we can do to help protect them.
- March 28, 2015: Falmouth, MA- Whales in Our Backyard: NOEPS partnered with Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary for a night of fun and learning at the Gus Canty Community Center. Read about the event here.
- March 21, 2015: Brewster, MA- Cape Cod Museum of Natural History- Science on the Street: NOEPS hosted a booth where we had our artifacts and several hands-on activities.
- February 28, 2015: Falmouth, MA- Falmouth Public Schools Science and Engineering Fair: NOEPS hosted a booth at the Falmouth High School field house with our artifacts and several hands-on activities.
- February 25, 2015: Falmouth, MA- STEAM night at Mullen Hall: NOEPS joined the community for a night of activities and information on STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math)-based subjects. We had our artifacts and several hands-on activities.
- February 11-12, 2015: San Francisco, CA- International Teacher-Scientist Partnership Conference: NOEPS presented our lessons in conjunction with the NOAA Teacher at Sea Program, and highlighted our science/teacher partnership at Ocean Day hosted by Truro Central School. You can read more about our NOAA Ocean Day at Truro here.
- July 21-25, 2014: Annapolis, MD- National Marine Educators Conference
- June 30- July 3, 2014: Inspired by Nature: NOEPS hosted part of a week-long exploration for 9-12 year olds on how nature has inspired and shaped the way we communicate. Enrollment is required for this annual program, please sign up through Falmouth public schools. See flyer for more information.
- June 20, 2014: Martha's Vineyard- Oak Bluffs Harbor Festival
- May 17-August 9, 2014: The 38th Voyage of the Charles W. Morgan
- March 22, 2014: Brewster, MA- Cambridge Science Festival: Science on the Street event at the Cape Cod Museum of Natural History.
- March 20, 2014: Dartmouth, MA- Massachusetts Marine Educators High School Marine Science Symposium: NOEPS hosted a workshop on marine mammal acoustics at the 31st Annual High School Marine Science Symposium at UMASS-Dartmouth.
- March 2013 & 2014: Falmouth, MA- Falmouth Public Schools Science Fair
- April 6, 2013: Woods Hole, MA- Massachusetts Marine Educators Meeting: The Global Ocean
- April 3, 2013: Scituate, MA- Scituate Science Spectacular: See coverage from the event in the Patriot Ledger.
- September 29, 2012: Boston Harbor Educators Conference: