Northeast Fisheries Science Center Libraries
Lional A. Walford Library
From the past...
When our libraries began...
- 1871 - Woods Hole Laboratory Library, MA
- by Spencer Fullerton Baird, Director,
- US Commission of Fish and Fisheries
- 1933 - Dr. James E. Hanks Memorial
- Research Library & Conference Room, CT
- by Dr. Victor L. Loosanoff, US Bureau of Fisheries
- 1961 - Lionel A. Walford Library, NJ
- by Lionel A. Walford, Director, US Bureau of Sport Fisheries and Wildlife, Atlantic Game Fish Laboratory
- 1966 - Narragansett Laboratory Reading Room, RI
- by John G. Casey, Director, US Bureau of Sport Fisheries and Wildlife, Marine Game Fish Laboratory
Who the libraries serve...
- We support scientific research at our 5 laboratories, libraries worldwide and the Greater Atlantic Regional Fisheries Office, (GARFO), MA
- Materials are only loaned to staff and other libraries.
What our research collections cover...
- Aquaculture -- Biochemistry -- Fisheries Science & Management Marine Biology -- Marine Ecosystems -- Oceanography Population Dynamics -- Protected Species -- Statistics -- Zoology
Updated 8/13/16 15 visits today, 93 visits this week, 278 visits this month, 8,024 visits this year