Northeast Fisheries Science Center Libraries
- 1871 - Woods Hole Laboratory Library, MA
- by Spencer Fullerton Baird, Director,
- US Commission of Fish and Fisheries
- 1933 - Dr. James E. Hanks Memorial
- Research Library & Conference Room, CT
- by Dr. Victor L. Loosanoff, US Bureau of Fisheries
- 1961 - Lionel A. Walford Library, NJ
- by Lionel A. Walford, Director, US Bureau of Sport Fisheries and
Wildlife, Atlantic Game Fish Laboratory
- 1966 - Narragansett Laboratory Reading Room, RI
- by John G. Casey, Director, US Bureau of Sport Fisheries and
Wildlife, Marine Game Fish Laboratory
Who the libraries serve...
- We support scientific research at our 5 laboratories, libraries worldwide
and the Greater Atlantic Regional Fisheries Office (GARFO)
- Materials are only loaned to staff and other libraries.
What our research collections cover...
- Aquaculture -- Biochemistry -- Fisheries Science & Management
Marine Biology -- Marine Ecosystems -- Oceanography
Population Dynamics -- Protected Species -- Statistics -- Zoology