NEFSC Ecosystems Surveys Branch
General Volunteer Presentation
This volunteer presentation is a Microsoft PowerPoint slide show. If your computer has Microsoft PowerPoint, refer to 'Section 1' below. If your computer doesn't have Microsoft PowerPoint, see 'Section 2'.
- Right click to download Volunteer Presentation
- Choose 'Save Target As' or 'Save Link As'
- A 'Save As' window will appear. Choose location (typically your Desktop) where you will be able to easily locate the saved file.
- Locate the saved file called 'volunteer_slides.pps and left double click to start presentation.
If you don't have Microsoft PowerPoint, you can download a free slideshow viewer by following the stops below. Once you have downloaded the file and run the install program, you can follow the steps outlined in 'Section 1'.
- Left click this link to download PowerVideoMaker.
- Left click on 'Save File' button.
- Locate the saved 'powervideomaker.exe' file on your computer. (typically on your Desktop)
- Left click on file
- Follow the install setup
If you have trouble viewing the Volunteer Presentation, contact Katie Sowers @ (508) 495-2342 or email her @ email@example.com
Scallop Volunteer Presentation
Bottom Trawl Survey Volunteer Presentation
This is a 45-minute automated Power Point Presentation designed for sea-going volunteers who will sail on Bottom Trawl Surveys. The objective is to provide an introductory demonstration of the proper way to use hardware, cutting techniques, where samples are stored, and how FSCS 2.0 software is used to capture data. Prior to the first station of the cruise, your Watch Chief or an experienced member of the staff will demonstrate all aspects of your role on the survey. Note that there is no audio associated with the presentation.