Tasks to Association and Industry Reps
As Discussed at June 25 eMOLT meeting
By July 31, 2002, each association in cooperation with their industry
Contact all project participants who are participating through association
and collect the following information:
1. Do they still have the probe (and reader?) that they were issued?
2. Do they want to continue to participate in
3. Get up-to date contact information:
No: Be sure they return the probe & any other equip to their
Yes: continue below
4. Is the probe currently deployed?
5. Do they have waterproof logsheets or Thistle Box to document deployment?
6. Verify the probe # (if possible)
have they kept track of the location and depth of probe?
Has the probe been moved during deployment?
Make arrangements to get logbook pages to them
have they made a logbook entry or entry into Thistle box each time the
trap with the probe is hauled?
You may suggest that they mark the string or trap with the probe so that
they know when the trap with the probe has been hauled
7. Has the probe has already been read:
verify site code and location of probe
have they seen the plots of their data on the web?
do they know how to access the cleaned data from the web?
8. Do they have reader?
explain that a site code will be assigned corresponding to the location
that they are fishing.
9. Do they have a Thistle Box?
YES: Do they know how to use it? If not, would they like to get some
NO: Do the want one?
10. Schedule a time to download data from probe at either:
YES: Have they been using the trawl track option for trwals with probe
NO: Would they like one?
local harbor meeting
meet at participants house
arrange to collect the probe just prior to the 20 Sept Association meeting