Talent for the 21st Century (Talent 21) is a program offering term employment to graduates of NOAA-supported educational programs:
- NOAA’s Cooperative Science Centers
- NOAA’s Educational Partnership Program
- The Woods Hole Partnership Education Program
Talent 21 positions are two-to-four year positions at the ZPII or ZPIII level.
Offered by NOAA’s Education Office and NOAA’s Northeast Fisheries Science Center (NEFSC), Talent 21 is designed to broaden the center’s reach in identifying and hiring talent to support the mission of NOAA and the NEFSC.
To participate in Talent 21, you must be 18-years or older, a U.S. citizen, and a participant in, or graduate of, one of the targeted NOAA-supported programs. Graduates colleges or universities participating in one of NOAA’s Cooperative Sciences Centers are also eligible.
How to Apply
Submit the following to the Academic Programs Office (NEFSC.APO@noaa.gov) as one pdf file:
- Cover letter that includes statement of research interests
- Resume with two contactable references
- Department of Defense Form 214 (DD214) for prior military service (if applicable)