Northeast Fisheries Science Center Libraries
Lional A. Walford Library
From the past...
When our libraries began...
- 1871 - Woods Hole Laboratory Library, MA
- by Spencer Fullerton Baird, Director, US Commission of Fish and Fisheries
- 1933 - Dr. James E. Hanks Memorial Research Library & Conference Room, CT
- by Dr. Victor L. Loosanoff, US Bureau of Fisheries
- 1961 - Lionel A. Walford Library, NJ
- by Lionel A. Walford, Director, US Bureau of Sport Fisheries and Wildlife, Atlantic Game Fish Laboratory
- 1966 - Narragansett Laboratory Reading Room, RI
- by John G. Casey, Director, US Bureau of Sport Fisheries and Wildlife, Marine Game Fish Laboratory
Who the libraries serve...
- We support scientific research at our 5 laboratories, libraries worldwide, and the Greater Atlantic Regional Fisheries Office (GARFO), MA
- Materials are only loaned to staff and other libraries.
What our research collections cover...
- Aquaculture -- Fisheries Science & Management Marine Biology, Chemistry,& Zoology, -- Marine Ecosystems Oceanography -- Population Dynamics & Statistics
Updated 3/28/14 1 visits today, 15 visits this week, 87 visits this month, 524 visits this year