Megaladon (a prehistoric shark) tooth. Credit: NE Observer Program, NEFSC / NOAA
- Occurrence and Patterns of Antibiotic Resistance Invertebrates of the Northeastern United States Coast. JM Rose, RJ Gast, A Bogomolni, JC Ellis, BJ Lentell, K Touhey, M Moore. 2009. FEMS Microbiol Ecol 67 (2009) 421–431.
- Molecular Characterization of Giardia Intestinalis Haplotypes in Marine Animals:Variation and Zoonotic Potential. E Lasek-Nesselquist, AL Bogomolni, RJ Gast, DM Welch, JC Ellis, ML Sogin, MJ Moore. 2008. Dis Aquat Org 81:39-51.
- Victims or Vectors: A Survey of Marine Vertebrate Zoonoses From Coastal Waters of the Northwest Atlantic. AL Bogomolni, RJ Gast, JC Ellis, M Dennett, KR Pugliares, BJ Lentell, MJ Moore. 2008. Dis Aquat Org 81: 13-38.
- Characteristics of sea turtles incidentally captured in the U.S. Atlantic sea scallop dredge fishery. HL Haas, E LaCasella, R LeRoux, H Milliken, B Hayward. 2008. Fish Res 93(3):289-295.
- An investigation of three methods of mesh size meansurement. R.S.T. Ferro, L. Xu. 1996. Fisheries Research 25 (1996) 171-190.
- Observations of the 1992 U.S. Pelagic Pair Trawl Fishery in the Northwest Atlantic, by P Gerrior, A Williams, and D Christensen. 1994. Mar Fish Rev 56(3):24-27.
- Incidental Take of Marine Mammals in Foreign Fishery Activities off the Northeast United States, by G Waring and P Gerrior. 1990. Fish Bull 88(2): 347-360.
- Interim Report for Fishing Year 2010 on the Performance of the Northeast Multispecies (Groundfish) Fishery (May 2010 - January 2011). A Kitts, E Bing-Sawyer, M McPherson, J Olson, J Walden. 2011. Northeast Fish Sci Cent Ref Doc. 11-07; 41 p.
- Assessment of 19 Northeast Groundfish Stocks through 2007, Report of the 3rd Groundfish Assessment Review Meeting (GARM III), by Northeast Fisheries Science Center. 2008. NEFSC Reference Document 08-15; 884 p.
- Appendix to the Report of the 3rd Groundfish Assessment Review Meeting (GARM III), by Northeast Fisheries Science Center. NEFSC Reference Document 08-16; 1056 p.
- Bycatch of harbor porpoises in three U.S. gillnet management areas: Southern Mid-Atlantic, Offshore, and Western Gulf of Maine. Orphanides CD, Palka DL. 2008. US Dept Commer, Northeast Fish Sci Cent Ref Doc. 08-09; 8 p.
- Harbor porpoise bycatch rates that indicate compliance with pinger regulations for the Northeast gillnet fishery. Palka DL, Orphanides CD. 2008. US Dept Commer, Northeast Fish Sci Cent Ref Doc. 08-10; 13 p.
- 47th Northeast Regional Stock Assessment Workshop (47th SAW) Assessment Summary Report. Northeast Fisheries Science Center. 2008. US Dept Commer, Northeast Fish Sci Cent Ref Doc. 08-11; 22 p.
- Estimated average annual bycatch of loggerhead sea turtles (Caretta caretta) in US Mid-Atlantic bottom otter trawl gear, 1996-2004 (2nd edition). Murray KT. 2008. Northeast Fish Sci Cent Ref Doc 08-20; 32 p.
- Allocating Observer Sea Days to Bottom Trawl and Gillnet Fisheries in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic Regions to Monitor and Estimate Incidental Bycatch of Marine Mammals. Rossman MC. 2007. U.S. Dep. Commer., Northeast Fish. Sci. Cent. Ref. Doc. 07-19; 17 p.
- 42nd Northeast Regional Stock Assessment Workshop (42nd SAW) Stock Assessment Report. 2006. NEFSC Reference Document 06-09.
- Mortality and Serious Injury Determinations for Baleen Whale Stocks along the Eastern Seaboard of the United States, 2000-2004. Cole T, Hartley D, Garron M. 2006. US Dep Commer, Northeast Fish Sci Cent Ref Doc. 06-04; 18 p.
- U.S. Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico Marine Mammal Stock Assessments -- 2005. Waring GT, Josephson E, Fairfield CP, Maze-Foley K, editors. 2006. NOAA Tech Memo 194.
- US Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico marine mammal stock assessments -- 2003. Waring GT, Pace RM, Quintal JM, Fairfield CP, Maze-Foley K, Editors. 2004. NOAA Tech Memo NMFS NE 182; 287 p.
- Calculating Observer Coverage, by Paul Wade. 1999. Excerpt from NOAA Technical Memorandum, NMFS-OPF-14.
- Review and Evaluation of the 1994 Experimental Fishery in Closed Area II on George's Bank, by P Gerrior, FM Serchuk, KC Mays, JF Kenney, and PD Colosi. 1996. NOAA Tech Memo NMFS-NE 111; 52 p.